09 Jan 2019 WA Downhill State Series dates released
The 2019 WA Downhill State Series date have now been released by Peel Districts Mountain Bike Club.
Below are the dates & locations for this year 2019 State Series & Peel Districts Mountain Bike Club events, these races are additional to the Summer Series already announced.
For the State Series events, this year the priority is on more challenging tracks & for as many fully shuttled rounds as possible.
PDMBC is currently working on getting some riders from over east to attend one or more events for the 2019 season to bring some more fresh competition.
2019 will see the introduction of several new venues & track:
- Linga Longa are building a Downhill specific track being
designed by Sam Hill, this will feature in State Round 6.
- A new track is being constructed at Yarloop.
- State Round 5 location to be announced at a later date.
- State Champs move to Nannup for 2019.
- Return of Club Rounds with a Dwellingup Super D
- Walshy Cup charity event location to be announced at a
- And remember we now have 3 club DH bikes for people that want to try out a big bike at any of our events!
The season will start at Nannup on a different track to last years round, State Champs will be on the same track as last year.
PDMBC will also be announcing some other events such as:
- Shuttle days
- Coaching clinics
- Come & try days
The club is busy working in the background on new tracks at Dwellingup & Wellington Mill and other clubs working on new DH locations for the 2020 season!
March 30/31 – State Round 1 – NANNUP
April 13/14 – State Round 2 – YARLOOP
May 4/5 – State Round 3 – WELLI MILLS
June 1/2 – State Round 4 – ALBANY
June 30 – Club Round “Super D” – DWELLINGUP
July 27/28 – State Round 5 – TBA
September 7/8 – WA DH State Champs – NANNUP
October 26/27 – State Round 6 – LINGA LONGA
Nov 16/17 – Walshy Cup/ Windup (Charity event) – TBA
Photo: Summit Studios