30 Jan MTBWA – #MTByourWA
Uniquely Western Australian, like pea gravel is to the WA trails, MTBWA will showcase the diverse nature of WA as a mountain bike destination.
Western Australia is an amazing place to explore on the mountain bike. From beginners to advanced riders, from tourists to enthusiasts….there is something on offer for everyone.
The main purpose of MTBWA is to:
- Embrace every aspect of the diverse MTB community in WA
- Share a common passion for the sport of mtb
- Constantly raise awareness of everything that is awesome in MTB.
MTBWA will also provide a hub for the local mountain bike community, both new and experienced riders, to gather information including lifestyle news, events and MTB destinations across WA said Mountain Bike Manager of WestCycle, Peta Demidenko.
The brand will promote the great work, both past and present, that has gone into defining mountain biking Western Australia as it is seen today and how it will transform in the future.
It is exciting to see this critical element of the WA Mountain Bike strategy delivered. As a mountain-bike specific resource, MTBWA will drive interest in our sport and bring very real benefits to the entire community but particularly for those new to mountain biking or to the WA trails, said the President of the West Australian Mountain Bike Association (WAMBA), Alex Wade.
So how does it all fit together?
- WestCycle is the peak cycling body for WA and manages the implementation of the WA Mountain Bike Strategy.
- WAMBA, a member of WestCycle, and the state sporting association for mountain biking represents the club mountain biking community and is a key stakeholder on the MTB Strategy reference group.
- MTBWA is the gateway to assist riders on their MTB journey in WA. Whether riders need information on types of bikes and trails or how to become a member of their local club in order to volunteer and race. It provides the necessary channels to make sure they can choose their own adventure.